Baby Africa recognises the importance of protecting the personal information that you (“the User”) provide to us. Therefore we have prepared and endeavor to follow this policy that respects and addresses your privacy.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
2.1 Baby Africa collects information from the User at several different points on the Site. Baby Africa is the sole owner of the information collected on Baby Africa‘s web site (“the Site”). We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
2.2 Consent to collect information can be express (e.g. signing an agreement) or implied (e.g. if the User is given an opportunity to opt-out of a specific form of information sharing, but chooses not to do so, Baby Africa implies that the User chooses to share this information with us).
2.3 Baby Africa processes personal information on web hosting servers which may not be in your present country.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of service provision to the User we may collect certain forms of information. The types of information that we may collect are detailed below:
- Information you provide – When you register for an account on Baby Africa by completing the appropriate form, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and phone number). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our service.
- Financial Information – In the course of providing a service to you, Baby Africa may ask for financial information (bank account details, credit card details, etc.). Such information will be treated with the upmost privacy, will be encrypted and stored on our systems, will only be communicated across a secure link and will not be provided to any third parties except where necessary to provide Baby Africa‘s service to you.
- Log information – When you use Baby Africa, our server automatically records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Baby Africa, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Links – Baby Africa may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed and who followed them, either on the web site or in electronic communications. We use this information to improve the quality of our service, customised content and advertising.
4. HOW THIS INFORMATION IS USED
4.1 Baby Africa collects user information for the purposes described below:
- Providing a service to our users, including the display of customised content and advertising
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our service
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our equipment and resources
- Developing new services
4.2 While this information will mostly be used to provide a service to our users, it may also be used to provide our own services.
5.1 Baby Africa may send the User, site and service announcement updates on an irregular basis. Users are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about our service.
5.2 On occasion Baby Africa will email newsletters to provide the User with information that we think the User will find useful, including information about new products and services. We might also contact the User by email to see if the User is interested in participating in market research regarding Baby Africa. We may also contact the User by email to respond to customer-service complaints that the User has submitted, to address a problem affecting the User’s use of the service or to verify the User’s account information if the User submits a password request.
6. INFORMATION SHARING
6.1 Baby Africa may share aggregate demographic information with our advertisers or information collection companies, but will not reveal any personally identifiable information in these instances. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We may also partner with third parties to provide specific services. When the User signs up for these services, we will share the information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
6.2 Baby Africa may share a User’s contact information with other registered Users for the purposes of resolving support queries relating to Baby Africa or the service provided to a User by another User. This contact information includes, but is not limited to, name, surname, email address and phone number. Typically, this would be providing a buyer’s contact details to a seller or vice versa, where Baby Africa has the necessary information to assist, but cannot actually resolve a support query.
7. DATA INTEGRITY
8. INFORMATION SECURITY
8.1 We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
8.2 We restrict access to personal information to Baby Africa employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
9. ACQUISITION OR MERGER
10. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
10.2 Baby Africa is, however, under no obligation to inform the User of such changes when they happen, although it is assumed that any changes will be minor and will not fundamentally impact the User. Should the change be deemed by Baby Africa to be significant, we will endeavor to inform the User of these changes through whatever means we deem necessary (banner on home page, email notification, etc.) in a timely manner.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION
If the User has any questions about this Privacy Statement or about Baby Africa‘s information collection practices, please contact us at email@example.com
12.1 The terms “The User” and “User” are used interchangeably and refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this web site for any reason whatsoever.
12.2 The terms “we” and “Baby Africa” are used interchangeably and refer to Baby Africa itself and all individuals and/or entities acting directly on behalf of Baby Africa.